The Jr. HVAC Engineer will work as a part of a team on large healthcare, commercial and institutional building infrastructure projects in the Boston area, providing high quality HVAC/Energy analysis and design. This includes but is not limited to conducting field work at our client sites, performing engineering analysis and system design, inspecting construction sites, writing reports and interacting with our customers.
- Contribute towards the design of building HVAC and infrastructure systems in existing and new buildings
- Prepare drawings using 2D and 3D AutoCad and Revit, ensuring that all drawings are prepared with accuracy, neatness and speed
- Assist with the preparation of detailed written specifications for design projects
- Analyze building performance
- Conduct energy savings calculations
- Commission existing and new HVAC systems
- Communicate with team members, other disciplines and outside vendors to obtain necessary information for drawings
- Assist the design team in the process of assembling organized sets of drawings
- Conduct field work to assist in the data collection and/or field verification, and
- Work in conjunction with Sr. Engineers and Principals in the completion of HVAC design and analysis projects
- A strong interest in Building Infrastructure and HVAC Engineering
- A BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering with some experience (co-op or internship) in HVAC Engineering
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a part of a team
- Experience with AutoCAD®; Revit® is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- The ability to travel locally for field work at client sites
Engineered Solutions Inc. (ESI) has an opening for a Plumbing and Fire Protection CAD Drafter/Designer in our Natick office. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in AutoCad and Revit drafting building mechanical, plumbing and fire protection systems from an engineering consulting firm. This position will support the PFP group with the preparation of drawings using information from rough sketches, redlined drawings, detailed engineering notes or verbal guidance from the senior design staff. This is a highly deadline driven position, requiring excellent organizational and collaborative skills.
Responsibilities: (May include but are not limited to)
- Prepare 2D and 3D mechanical and electrical plans for a variety of different project types including commercial, healthcare, industrial, educational, etc.
- Maintain Customization of CAD programs
- Project CAD files set-up, maintenance/organization
- Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions
- Archive completed projects
- Clean up of CAD files for project closeout
- 3+ years of experience with AutoCAD MEP and Revit
- Associates Degree or Certificate in Computer Aided Drafting and Design
- General working knowledge of HVAC, Plumbing or Fire Protection a plus
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with project managers, engineers, designers and other team members
- Experience with Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
- Keen attention to details
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment
Please send your resume to Gwen Nelson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESI offers its employees a competitive benefits package including generous company contribution to health/dental plans, participation and company matching contribution to our 401K plan, disability and life insurance, flex-time, and an excellent performance based bonus program.
ESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.